Farm your roof
Roof farms can provide great benefits to a building and make a very visible statement about the owner's commitment to environmental sustainability. It can also add value to the property and the neighborhood. Some benefits include:
- Protection of the roof membrane from the elements and general wear and tear. A green roof farm could extend the life of the membrane by 2-3 times, saving thousands of dollars.
- Reduction in heating and cooling costs. A green roof farm insulates in the winter and cools the roof in the summer.
- Fresh food and green space for tenants.
- Points towards LEED certification. A green roof farm can earn up to 23 points.
- A unique feature that can draw media attention, tenant demand, and increased rental income.
Want a Higher Ground Farm location on your roof? Or do you want to start your own roof farm? Let's talk!